New Flu Clinics
We are running 2 small Flu clinics for those still due their flu vaccines who are over 65 years old. We are sending out text and letter invites. These are by appointment only.
- Wednesday 27th October between 14:00 and 18:00 at Abbey View Medical Centre, Shaftesbury
- Thursday 28th October between 14:00 and 18:00 at Sturminster Newton Medical Centre
If you need an appointment please phone after 11:00 on 01258 474500
As most are aware the Government has widened the eligibility for those who can receive a free flu vaccination
The identified groups include:
- All patients aged 65 years
- All patients aged 50-64 years in an at risk group; These include COPD, Asthma (if on 2 steroids), CHD, CKD, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s, MND, Learning difficulties, Diabetes, patients with weakened immune system, patients on cancer treatment, patients who are morbidly obese.
- Carers – registered or in receipt of carer’s benefit
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Healthcare staff – those employed by registered care or nursing home, or registered domiciliary care provider
We are now starting to book the flu clinics. To ensure we can manage this clinic safely we will be sending out individual invites to individuals by text. We have decided to use this process as we want to make the booking process as easy for you.
We will be able to provide a vaccination for most patients who are eligible and will be inviting the most vulnerable first to align this with stock delivery and space in the clinic.
The clinics will include vaccines for children aged 2/3 years and those clinically at risk up to age 18 years during the day and you will be invited to book your appointment.
Published: Oct 12, 2021