Are you over 65 or at risk?
Blackmore Vale Partnership will be providing Flu and Covid vaccines this Autumn. The Government have asked that we give these vaccinations together and as early as possible and the programme has been brought forward.
We will be starting the vaccination programme as soon as we receive our flu vaccines from 18thSeptember 2023. The Government have asked that we vaccinate our adult care home residents first.
We will then be inviting other eligible people to our clinics at The Exchange in Sturminster Newton. The invitation will be by an Appointment link texted out to your mobile or email in the next week or so. We will be sending these out based on the priority criteria set by the Government.
Clinic dates have been set up as:
- Saturday 30th September
- Saturday 07th October
- Saturday 14th October
- Saturday 21st October
Please DO NOT ring the surgery about your appointment, we will contact you once the clinics are ready to be booked
NHS have confirmed that the people who are eligible for an NHS Flu & Covid Vaccine are listed below:
- those aged 65 years and over
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants
Blackmore Vale Partnership will be working with Dorset Healthcare to provide vaccinations to those that are housebound. Dorset Healthcare will continue to vaccinate children under 18 years old.
Please see more information using the links below
Please be patient with our staff at this very busy time while we try and book patients according to need.