Appointments with a Practice Nurse for dressings, injections, removal of sutures, immunisations and routine cervical smears can be made by using Klinik or telephoning:
The nurses also run clinics for Asthma, COPD (respiratory problems) and Diabetes which are called Long Term Conditions (LTC). These appointments can be made by contacting the Nurse Secretary on 01747 856708 (Abbey View) or reception for Sturminster Newton and Marnhull on 01258 474500.
Long Term Conditions (LTC) are health conditions that can impact on a person’s life, and may require ongoing care and support.
We support our patients with a variety of Long Term Conditions, including but not limited to:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Chronic Heart Disease (CHD)
- Vascular Conditions
What to expect
At the time of your diagnosis you will be offered an initial appointment by phone or face to face to discuss your symptoms, self-management, any blood test results and medication.
Following this most patients will be invited for an annual review, occurring during their birthday month. We invite patients by phone call, text message, and letter. You’ll be seen by an experienced clinician.
What happens during my annual review:
- Allows one-to-one time to ask a clinician advice about any ongoing problems relating to your condition
- Your medication is reviewed to ensure it is at optimal level
- Supports you to learn how to self-manage your condition at home inc. advice on alternative therapies
- Some patients may require more frequent reviews i.e. 6 monthly. The reasons for this will be discussed with you.
Coronary heart disease (CHD) is a major cause of death both in the UK and worldwide. CHD is sometimes called Ischaemic heart disease.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the name for a group of lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties.
We are a training practice for practice nurses and a community placement for student nurses. These are the main clinics offered:
- General health checks
- INR testing and dosing
- Leg Ulcer dressings
- Minor injuries
- Pill checks
- Stitch removal
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Wound management
Travel Health Advice
If you require travel health advice, you need to see a private travel clinic. We will only be able to administer the vaccine once the advice has been given.