All services listed in this section can be accessed directly without speaking to a Clinician.
These links are for services that support good mental health & wellbeing.
If you or someone else is experiencing mental ill health or emotional distress right now:
- Connection: Telephone 0800 652 0190 Free 24/7 Dorset helpline open to all ages
- Samaritans: Telephone 116 123
- Community Front Rooms: Open to anyone aged 18+ years old from 3.15-10.45pm, Thursday-Sunday, at Longmead, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 8PL – 01747 851397. A welcoming, safe space where you can discuss problems and work towards recovery.
- The Retreat: Open to anyone aged 18 or above, providing a safe space to seek face-to-face help and support. Located at Maiden Castle Road in Dorchester, open 4.30-11.30pm Sunday-Wednesday and virtual drop-ins from 4.30-11.30pm every day.
- Access Mental Health Dorset: Supporting you in a crisis
A note on self-referral
Referrals to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) and Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team (CAMHS) can only be made by a Clinician. All other support services listed here can be accessed directly via self-referral. If you feel you should consult with a Clinician first, please use Klinik and click on either the New Health Problem or Existing Health Problem tile.
- Information about local & national mental health support services
- Steps 2 Wellbeing: Free service offering talking therapies for those experiencing low mood, anxiety or related mental health problems. Telephone: 03007906828
- NHS: Mental Health: National information & support for mental health
- REACH: If you are looking for some help to address your own or someone else’s drug and/or alcohol use, contact REACH. Telephone: 0800 0434656
- Drug Addiction: If you need treatment for drug addiction, you’re entitled to NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a health problem.
- LiveWell Be more active: Manage weight. Telephone: 0800 840 1628
- Health App Finder: Health ‘apps’ can be used on your smartphone or tablet to help support your health and wellbeing. Many are completely free.