The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service. Specialist care and support for Service leavers, reservists, veterans and their families.
The first call for help takes courage. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health or wellbeing, expert help is available from Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service.
If you’re due to leave the Armed Forces, just left the Armed Forces or left many years ago, Op COURAGE is here to help. You will be able to speak to people who:
- understand the Armed Forces and military life
- are either from the Armed Forces community or highly experienced in
- working with Serving personnel, Reservists, Veterans and their families
- will work with you to make sure you get the right type of specialist care, support, and treatment.
The service can be contacted directly by yourself or you can ask your GP, a charity or someone else, such as a family member or friend, to do this on your behalf.
What will happen when you contact Op COURAGE
To make sure you get the right care and support, you will first have an assessment by someone who understands the specific needs of the Armed Forces community.
The service offers a range of treatment, which includes:
- working with Defence Medical Services to make sure you get mental health care and support as you transition from the military to civilian life
- recognising the early signs of mental health problems and providing care and treatment for this
- therapeutic treatment for more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- intensive emergency care and treatment if you’re in a crisis
- helping you to access other NHS services if needed, such as psychological therapies (IAPT) services and eating disorder services
- working with charities and local organisations to support you with your wider health and wellbeing needs, such as housing, relationships, finances, employment, drug and alcohol misuse and social support.
Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service is the new name for the Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS), Veterans’ Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (CTS) and Veterans’ Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS). The new name has been developed following feedback from veterans and their families to make it easier for those leaving the military and veterans to find help.
- Online Consultation
- The NHS App
- My Planned Care
- Health Information Videos
- Pharmacy First
- Health A - Z
- Live Well
- Steps to Wellbeing
- Live Well Dorset
- Age Well
- In Times of Bereavement
- Pregnancy Care Planner
- Walking For Health
- Winter Health
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.